Call for Papers
JOURNAL OF TOURISM: AN INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL ON TRAVEL & TOURISM
VOL. XX, NUMBER-2, DECEMBER,2019
Tourism sector is undergoing severe experimentation process in identifying an unique model or type to strengthen the
scope of any given country as well as sector by itself. Having understood the increased positive repercussions of tourism
on society and government, especially the growth of business and its share in fostering the economic state of the given
nation, tourism sector envisages the scope of business-related activities and functions such as MICE to leap forward
sealing a respectable position in the world tourism map. MICE tourism, one of the niche and upcoming tourism forms,
mostly and closely revolves around business activities is believed to be the saviour of tourism sector of all developing
nations undoubtedly. The components of MICE namely Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, and Exhibitions considered being the four pillars of the present-day tourism. Almost all third world economies have promised to concentrate, develop and strengthen the available opportunities to position as a MICE destination considering its collective benefit comprehensively to heavy industries, people, host place, hotels, scenic spots, environment etc with notable positive change. Tourist arrivals are expected to surge through MICE enabling the sector to progress besides creating additional employment opportunities. The available data reveals about the small island nations and its growth due to MICE tourism is to be noted and stands as a benchmark to other developing countries. Countries like Mauritius, Maldives, Srilanka, Singapore, and Malaysia are extremely performing well and yield additional revenue to boost its economy through MICE. Having learned the scope of MICE tourism, Journal of Tourism for its December 2019 issue, invites research contributions in the form of conceptual paper, research paper, case studies and research note pertaining to MICE tourism and the following sub-themes for possible publication.
- Event Management Issues and Challenges
- Event planning
- Geographical resistance and correlation to Meetings and Tourism
- Motivation theories and Incentives- A conceptual look back
- Supply chain management
- Conventions as an attraction
- Role of exhibitions in tourism
- Technological advancements and MICE
The above sub-themes are suggestive only and contributions shall fall upon broad aspects of MICE tourism.
Formatting and Publication
- Manuscripts should be typed in Times New Roman 12 point (or 10 point for tables), single-spaced, and justified to the left margin. One-inch margins should be used.
- Headings should be in bold. Main headings should include an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and references. Main headings should be centered on the page and subheadings placed at the left margin in italics.
- Six keywords should be provided to reflect the subject matter.
- References should be in APA 6th edition.
- Submissions should be accompanied by a title page with the title, keywords, author/s names and affiliations.
- Manuscript should be in English. Poorly written submissions will not be reviewed.
- Papers that do not meet the stipulated formatting requirements, or are not adequately revised, will not necessarily be published in the journal.
- Full articles having any graphics (figures or photographs) should be supplied in .tiff or .jpeg format.
- The journal strongly emphasizes the originality of research work and plagiarism is strictly discouraged.
- The journal has the condition for publication that manuscripts submitted to this journal should not have been already published or simultaneously submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Research papers will undergo blind review by two reviewers.
- The contributors should ensure that they are not infringing copyright.
- Please note that initial acceptance of the manuscript does not guarantee publication. In case of the copyright issues the paper may be dropped at any stage with notification to the author/s.
- The Journal also requires transfers of copyright or exclusive rights from the authors. However, this does not in any way restrict the use of article by the author for their own use.
For further information, kindly visit http://jothnbgu.in/submission_guide this page.
Abstract: 30th September, 2019
Full length paper: 30th October 2019
Review process: 25thth November, 2019
Resubmission of Paper: 05thth December 2019